VerifyXML.org respects your right to privacy and will
protect it when you visit our web site. Here are some things you should know
about how we protect your privacy.
- When you send us e-mail we won't keep or share your e-mail address with
anyone outside of VerifyXML.org staff and its contractors. We'll only
use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our (e-)mailing lists, we'll only send you the
kinds of information you've requested. We won't maintain your name on the list
and won't share your e-mail address with anyone outside of VerifyXML.org.
- When you browse, read pages or download information on our website, we
automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit.
This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and
store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private
Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a
university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is
automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web)
from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating
system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that
- Use of the online CAMV and Open-XDX services sessions statistics.
- This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for
you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the
types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information
about individuals and their visits nor retain copies of any test files you may upload or attempt to analyze them beyond running the actions requested by you.
Site Security Links to Other
- We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with
- We would only try to identify you personally when required to do so by a
law enforcement investigation. Any information we collect for those
investigations is destroyed according to federal guidelines.
- Tampering with VerifyXML.org's web site is against the law. If
anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud
and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection
- Our website has links to many other web sites. When you go to another
site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site.
VerifyXML.org cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided
- Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by VerifyXML.org,
or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site or the
products presented on the site.